Mt. Washington Cemetery is located in the heart of Mt. Washington, in the eastern suburbs of Cincinnati, Ohio.
The main entrance is at 2030 Sutton Avenue.
There are over 6000 burials recorded in the cemetery, dating from the early 1800s. You can search for your loved ones and see the lot where they are buried by entering the family surname (last name) HERE
Click here for PDFs of original records preserved on MicroFilm by our benefactor, Marjorie Frame and the Hamilton County Chapter, Ohio Genealogical Society.
We are now accepting reservations for our Ash Grove Columbarium. These niches hold the cremated remains in an above-ground beautiful location overlooking the cemetery and are available in single or dual niches, for $2000 per urn.
The site is where a huge 175-year-old Ash Tree was removed in 2015. This tree saw the growth and lives of all Mt. Washington residents since 1840 when it sprouted. We felt the tree should be memorialized in this manner. Contact us at 513-484-9729 or click here for ordering information.
We also have full burial and cremation burial sites available. Search our map using the last name “Available” HERE
(Click here for a map of the cemetery)
(Click here to see a list of all burials by name)
(Click here to see the count of burials per year)*
(Click here to see counts by age of deceased)
* Although the cemetery was not founded til the 1860’s, many burials were moved here from other cemeteries.
Read Julie Rimer’s fascinating stories regarding the history of Mt. Washington Cemetery.
YOU CAN HELP OR BECOME INVOLVED!
- Pick up sticks and place in piles near the road(s) (facing the same direction, please!)
- Report any unusual activity to the police or cemetery board.
- Volunteers are needed to improve the accuracy of our records. Email David Haldeman, Vice President of the Cemetery Association at email@example.com if you have a computer with internet access, minimal computer skills and are data and detail oriented.
- Feel free to walk your dog, but be respectful of the graves of our predecessors!
The Mt. Washington Cemetery Association (a volunteer non-profit organization) administers and cares for the cemetery. If you appreciate the natural beauty of the cemetery and would like to contribute time, please use our contacts page to let us know how you want to help.
If you care to donate to the cemetery to help cover maintenance costs, click the Donate Button: